- Continue with writing to our last member of member of the House of Commons; http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/
- Write to our last MEP; http://www.europarl.org.uk/en/your_MEPs.html
- Step up writing to both the four quality UK publications plus the many various English language expat publications who already give us both good coverage and support; http://www.world-newspapers.com/
- Continue to
promote the various e: Government petitions;
Winter Fuel Payment http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/52121
BUT FAR MORE IMPORTANT
- To attend the Viviane Reding, and her fellow Commissioners ,"Citizen Dialogue" meeting road shows across the EU; http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-13-1080_en.htm?locale=en
- We need to encourage the younger professional/career minded expats and to do that we need to make much more use, "as a matter of priority," of Twitter and Facebook as this is how they normally prefer and like to communicate with each other and not necessarily by the more traditional form of e:mail.
- Make more use of pro active forums like SFN - France. If anybody knows of any others I would very much appreciate receiving details.
- We still need to keep networking ourselves and it is essential that we forward all mails to friends/family/friends
- The Electoral Commission is running an online registration and system testing campaign targeting British citizens living overseas in the countries with the highest number of British citizens; Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain, UAE & USA. The online campaign will begin in mid February 2014 and it is essential that we boost the registration of the number of overseas voters and get ourselves involved.